Sunday 25 March 2012

an orderly world

My shadow took my hand, and I understood.

"nyx, i can't see you."

"I can't see you either. You're all... wrong."
i don't understand
"You will."
I walked through the door, and I saw a world of all and none. I knew that everything was wrong, but I had known that about my life before the door as well. Perhaps this was where I was meant to be all along. I stumbled through the dark but saw my shadow as a white beacon, and it clearly knew where it was going.


"Why won't you dance?" my shadow asked. I looked at Nyx oddly. "why would i?"


"...Just... because! You're a dancer, aren't you?"
"only when my mother wants me to. i don't want to."
"But you are."
but

what if i don't want to be?
What if you have no choice?
i want to think for myself
You don't know how.
why? why are you being like this?
I...


My shadow shuddered, and suddenly we were surrounded by of all sizes and shapes, united by the fact that they were all flat and bright as the sun, splayed against invisible surfaces. They were the denizens of this wonderful place, and Nyx was one of them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment